SEAOSC Seminars

As a new member of the SEAOSC Board of Directors, I felt the first item I
would address is the format SEAOSC used in presenting seminars.  Many, as I
do when doing a presentation, in court, mediation or otherwise use a
laptop, powerpoint and either an "elmo" or digital projector.  When using
an "elmo" or digital projector, a VCR can be used to record the visual
portion of the presentation and the voice of the presentor.

I prepared a package of info, review from pc mag, on digital projectors
along with the price and the price make the board take a step backwards.
But the idea was not killed, but considered for rental of projectors.

This idea came from discussions with Don Gilbert regarding the sales of
seminar notes and that it represents a significant income.  I feel that
seminars, now that the information is becoming more techically deep, should
be recorded by taping a digital presentation.  This would require that
speakers prepare presenations with powerpoint or other packages.  Adding a
tape to the sale of notes would increase the sales.  This could also
memorialize special presenations or presentors.

I record litigation presentations so the notes and copy of the tape can be
provided to new parties to the case without gathering the entire group of
attornies and parties.

Anyone who feels that SEAOSC or SEAOC should pursue this tack, should
notifiy the Board or Board Member.

		Bill Warren