Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: E&O Coverage[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: RE: E&O Coverage
- From: billw4(--nospam--at)pbs1.com (Williston Warren IV)
- Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 08:06:17 -0800
It has always struck me funny that everybody thinks that the Architects and and specially the Engineers should have $1,000,000 worth of E&O insurance, some owners, and these owners are too cheap to have the design firm review the construction, when the owner hires the low bidder contractor and the cities send inspectors to the site that mostly are lost. This is additionally confirmed when I am involved in rehabitation of damaged buildings and I walk the cities' Building Official around the site and point out the obvious errors and omissions made by the contractor and accepted by the City. And the sone goes on. I have for several years turned down work where the owner even mentions E&O insurance for the engineer, I feel that this is just the beginning of problems.
- Prev by Subject: RE: E&O Coverage
- Next by Subject: RE: E&O Coverage
- Previous by thread: RE: E&O Coverage
- Next by thread: RE: E&O Coverage