RE: E&O Coverage

It has always struck me funny that everybody thinks that the Architects and
and specially the Engineers should have $1,000,000 worth of E&O insurance,
some owners, and these owners are too cheap to have the design firm review
the construction, when the owner hires the low bidder contractor and the
cities send inspectors to the site that mostly are lost.

This is additionally confirmed when I am involved in rehabitation of
damaged buildings and I walk the cities' Building Official around the site
and point out the obvious errors and omissions made by the contractor and
accepted by the City.  And the sone goes on.

I have for several years turned down work where the owner even mentions E&O
insurance for the engineer, I feel that this is just the beginning of
problems.