Re: SEAOSC Seminars

I think the point is that a video reproduction is easy to produce with
relatively less time and resources. Putting seminars on a CD-ROM in a
format that CD-ROMs lend themself too, such as graphics and interactive
features takes a lot of effort. I know James has worked on innovative
approaches to using CD-ROM's for engineering reports, so he has experience
with this medium. Characterizing his reply as a "lack of vision" is not
accurate.

>> The tape I am sure will be good.  As to a CD-ROM, let's learn to walk
>before
>>  trying to run.
>>
>>  James Lord
>>  URS Greiner
>>  SEAOC CAC Chairman
>>

>These days they even have CD-ROMs for children who barley know how to walk!
>
>It is disappointing to see such lack of vision from the leadership of our
>professional organization.
>
>Mostafa Oloumi, S.E.

Regards,

Jeff Smith. S.E.