URM Building with Additional work

Hello fellow Engineers,
I am currently working on a 4-story unreinforced brick building that was
rehabilitated to comply with Div.88 of  the city of Los Angeles. We are
now doing some interior remodeling and upgrading utility systems to this
building. But I am wondering if anybody has worked out something to add
more strenght and safety to this kind of building besides its compliance
with Div.88. The building reveals several large cracks on the exterior
face that were patched up or regrouted with new bricks.
How about an additional 4-inch thick shotcrete to the exterior face of
the entire building or new steel frames installed inside the building ?
I would appreciate any information regarding practicality, cost,
structural capacity, detailing, or general pitfalls when considering
these alternatives.

Tin Dinh, P.E.
tindinh(--nospam--at)hotmail.com
Tel:(818)503-8504