RE: SEAOSC Seminars

Thanks again Bill, I misunderstood the Powerpoint presentation.
Can you explain to me how this is prepared. Isn't Powerpoint
essentially a presentation software that allows you to build up
a "transparancy" type acetate projection display? If it is, can
the Powerpoint files be converted to a graphic image such as
BMP, JPEG, or GIF?
If it is an electronic graphic image and the audio is
recordable, I don't really understand how difficult it is to
create a CD-ROM based presentation.
Please understand that I'm not trying to argue the issue. I need
to understand the difficulty before I can offer suggestions or
possibly offer my help to make this work.
I remember that you can easily put together a Powerpoint
presentation (I have it on my Office 97 but have not used it)
that is a self running multimedia program. It only requires a
Powerpoint viewer which is available from Microsoft at
www.microsoft.com for download. I have recently purchased some
software that came with a tutorial recorded on Powerpoint. The
CD installed the Powerpoint viewer and launched the
presentation.
One nice feature that I remember is that it also had links that
took you around to other area's of the tutorial, but simply
clicking on them.
Tom, I did not understand your comments about Gary Harts
presentation. Why couldn't his existing Powerpoint presentation
be used as is, and the audio portion edited down by a committee
of volunteers. The portions of his audio can be saved in WAV
files and connected to the links that I explained above. The
user clicks the link and Gary's audio speech is launched.
How does the projector system work? If I wanted to purchase or
rent the seminar, do I need to arrange rental of the projector
or does SEAOSC send the projector to my office on the day of the
presentation? I'm not clear on this. My impression is that there
is one projector that SEAOSC owns. To view the seminar, you
either need to own or rent the projector or watch a video tape
of the presentation that was done originally with the projector.
If the later, what kind of video quality do you get?

Sorry to be so persistant, but you seem to have a full
understanding of how the seminar is intended to be marketed. I
only know how I would market it and need to understand how the
board of directors sees the production of this type of revenue.

As far as ICBO: With the cost of writable CD-ROM drives, why is
it necessary to mass produce the CD-ROM. Why not simply 'burn'
the disk as you need them. This way you can always burn upgrades
as they become available.
I do understand this mentality when you consider that a few
years ago you needed a large manufacter of CD-ROM's to get an
afforable price, however, it does not appear that they need this
any longer. Granted, I'm not well versed on commercial software
reproduction. I do know that Enercalc and ever BQE's BillQuick
is sent out for reproduction, however, I can't see ICBO selling
that many copies of their UBC on CD-ROM. I would have expected
the price and production requirments to be dropping fairly fast
as personal writers are starting to appear on the market.

Let me know when you tired of this and I'll stop - I tend to be
inquisitive.
Dennis