Subject: Rebar welding
Author:  shake4bake@earthlink.net_at_-FDInternet at FDINET
Date:    11/19/97 9:26 PM

I am detailing a drag connection where I want to weld a #8 Gr. 60 bar to
a 3/8" thk. A36 plate. The bar & plate are parallel to one another
resulting in a flare bevel weld.

Anyone care to point me to the code section ACI, AWS or UBC that deals
with weldable grade bar?

Anyone care to comment on this being a good or bad idea? (Bill? :))

Regards,

Mark D. Baker