Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Rebar welding[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Rebar welding
- From: CarlS95(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 02:16:30 -0500 (EST)
Mark Baker wrote: << I am detailing a drag connection where I want to weld a #8 Gr. 60 bar to a 3/8" thk. A36 plate. The bar & plate are parallel to one another resulting in a flare bevel weld. Anyone care to point me to the code section ACI, AWS or UBC that deals with weldable grade bar? Anyone care to comment on this being a good or bad idea?>> I think it is a bad idea. Welding of rebar is a risky business and requires a better than average welder to do it correctly. I would suggest getting creative, such as using A36 bar instead of the rebar or using a headed anchor bolt if you are anchoring a plate. If you have no choice but to weld the rebar, get familiar with the AWS spec and go out of your way to make sure the job is done right. Carl S.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Rebar welding
- Next by Subject: Re: Rebar welding
- Previous by thread: Re: Rebar welding
- Next by thread: Re: Rebar welding