Re: AISC Code Check program

Mr. Ronnie Fong wrote:

Automatically sending an execute (1) program unbidden (2) is bad protocol.
 AND stripping my name from the SEAOC newsgroup (3) to spam me (4) with an
unrequested program, no matter how good, is also bad protocol and bad manners
(5).

Ronnie Fong
Fremont, CA

Dear Mr. Fong:

Here are my comments with regard to your message:

(1) The word "execute" in the context of your intended message should read
"executable".

(2) If the understanding of the word "unbidden" comes from the root of the
word "bid (to bid) ", then this word is not correctly used in the context of
the message. A more appropriate expression would be "not requested".

(3) "SEAOC newsgroup" is usually called "SEAOC list".

(4) According to Webster's Universal College Dictionary, Copyright (c) 1997
by Random House, Inc., the word "spam" does not exist.

(5) To make certain accusations without having access to factual information
about the methods used and the reasons for chosen procedures is unethical (at
least in this country).

In short: I would suggest that Mr. Fong begins to take English classes to be
able to transfer his thoughts clearly to his readers. Also, I feel that he
should learn and be able to make a distinction between "good" and "bad"
protocols and/or manners if and when they are considered acceptable in this
country.

What is most important, however, is that Mr. Fong sees himself as an "arbiter
of normality" of the American business culture - but it seems to me that he
has a long way to go to learn it.

Respectfully

Andrew Skwara
The author of AISC Code Check