Re: AISC Code Check program

I've seen intolerance and lack of good sence before, but this takes the cake.

I hope I get a advertisement in the mail for your AISC Code Check program so I
can have the pleasure of round filing it.
=====================

Yank2002(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

> Mr. Ronnie Fong wrote:
>
> Automatically sending an execute (1) program unbidden (2) is bad protocol.
>  AND stripping my name from the SEAOC newsgroup (3) to spam me (4) with an
> unrequested program, no matter how good, is also bad protocol and bad manners
> (5).
>
> Ronnie Fong
> Fremont, CA
>
> Dear Mr. Fong:
>
> Here are my comments with regard to your message:
>
> (1) The word "execute" in the context of your intended message should read
> "executable".
>
> (2) If the understanding of the word "unbidden" comes from the root of the
> word "bid (to bid) ", then this word is not correctly used in the context of
> the message. A more appropriate expression would be "not requested".
>
> (3) "SEAOC newsgroup" is usually called "SEAOC list".
>
> (4) According to Webster's Universal College Dictionary, Copyright (c) 1997
> by Random House, Inc., the word "spam" does not exist.
>
> (5) To make certain accusations without having access to factual information
> about the methods used and the reasons for chosen procedures is unethical (at
> least in this country).
>
> In short: I would suggest that Mr. Fong begins to take English classes to be
> able to transfer his thoughts clearly to his readers. Also, I feel that he
> should learn and be able to make a distinction between "good" and "bad"
> protocols and/or manners if and when they are considered acceptable in this
> country.
>
> What is most important, however, is that Mr. Fong sees himself as an "arbiter
> of normality" of the American business culture - but it seems to me that he
> has a long way to go to learn it.
>
> Respectfully
>
> Andrew Skwara
> The author of AISC Code Check

begin:          vcard
fn:             Lewis C. Midlam, P.E.
n:              Midlam, P.E.;Lewis C.
org:            LCM Engineering, Inc.
email;internet: Lew.Midlam(--nospam--at)lcm.com
title:          President
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version:        2.1