Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Rebar welding[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: Re: Rebar welding
- From: "Brent Koch" <brentk(--nospam--at)tdl.com>
- Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 16:55:25 -0800
Mark, I'm not understanding a small portion of your response to Mark Bakers rebar welding post. You state, " Besides if you use E-90 it is posible you could exceed the allowable shear stress of the A-36 material." Do you mean by using an E90 electrode the weld strength would exceed the shear strength of the the plate? If so, wouldn't it be desireable to have the plate (or rebar) yield be the capacity limiting criterion of the assembly rather than the weld itself? Thanks for your post. Brent Koch, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Rebar welding
- Next by Subject: Rebar welding
- Previous by thread: Rebar welding
- Next by thread: Rebar welding