Rebar welding

I'd like to thank everyone who responded to my post regarding welding
rebar for this drag connection. This list has made me lazy, posting such
a question and moving on to other work as opposed to sitting down and
finding the spec.

I was concerned about this type of detail because I worked on a tilt-up
building in Santa Clarita after the Northridge e.q. where a similar drag
connection failed. The weld failed in shear (not my design, my repair).
That particular connection consisted of three (3) #8 bars welded to the
face of a plate which was welded to the top and bottom flange of a WF
beam. The beam spanned a recessed loading dock. There were no original
drawings of the building so who knows what grade of rebar or which
electrodes were used.

Thanks again for your input, back to work.

Regards,

Mark D. Baker
Baker Engineering