Re: MISC - Warehouse Storage Rack Shelving

Charlie Canitz,

I recall the publication you are looking for.

The information you are searching for is: "Specification for the Design,
Testing and Utlization of Industrial Steel Storage Racks, 1990 Edition, by
the Rack Manufacturers Institute. (No known address.  Maybe the WWW index.

Fortunately, the portions you will need are printed in the 1994 Uniform
Building Code, Volume 2, page 2-535 thru 2-539, Sections 2231 thru 2238,
Division VI - Steel Storage Racks.

Helping you find the information you need "has made my day."

Good luck.  No, I am not expert on the design of storage racks.  Storage
racks are "real" structures and can be damaged in the earthquakes.  I believe
they should be designed conservately because the spaces between the storage
racks can be filled with people.

Frank E. McClure   FEMCCLURE(--nospam--at)aol.com