Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Copy of: Underpinning Existing Footings[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: SEAOC Forum <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: Copy of: Underpinning Existing Footings
- From: "Kathleen A. O'Brien" <wildwoman1(--nospam--at)CompuServe.COM>
- Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 21:46:04 -0500
---------- Forwarded Message ---------- From: Kathleen A. O'Brien, 102166,537 TO: SEAOC Forum, INTERNET:seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org DATE: 11/20/97 6:59 PM RE: Copy of: Underpinning Existing Footings From: Kate O'Brien <wildwoman1(--nospam--at)compuserve.com To: seaoc.(--nospam--at)seaoc.org Does anyone have any ideas about underpinning an existing footing when adding a second story onto an existing first story? One of the complaints I have had from contractors is that a continuous underpin is too expensive. In one case we came up with a solution that involved pouring "spread" underpins at (I think it was) 6 feet on center. Building and Safety approved it, but I am wondering if there is a better solution.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Copy of: Underpinning Ex
- Next by Subject: Re: Copy of: Underpinning Existing Footings
- Previous by thread: Masonite Hardboard Siding Class Action Settlement Underway
- Next by thread: Re: Copy of: Underpinning Existing Footings