Re: Fire Damage-Again

<< Subj:	 Re: Fire Damage-Again
 Date:	97-11-24 14:51:52 EST
 From:	mwj(--nospam--at)EQE.COM (Martin Johnson)
 Reply-to:	seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
 To:	seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org

 > I'll appreciate it if anyone can give me an opinion or refer me to any
 > reference on this type of fire damage(the hairline cracks on both sides of
 > the wall following the pattern of vertical and horizontal reinforcements).

 This may not be fire damage.  It is common to see a "waffle" pettern
 of cracks in tilt-up walls, where the rebar has minimal to
 substandard concrete cover.  Particularly if the W/C ratio was fairly
 high, such as with 2,000 psi mixes.

 Martin Johnson
 EQE International, Inc.
 mwj(--nospam--at)eqe.com

 I agree with Martin, I don't think this is due to fire damage.  I have seen
similar cracking in tilt-up panels at the locations of the reinforcing, even
with adequate coverage.

Michael Cochran
Brian L. Cochran Associates
bcase1356(--nospam--at)aol.com