Re: Copy of: Underpinning Ex

>>Is it a reasonable solution to
obtain a geotechnical report that *may* provide higher allowable soil
bearing
pressures thereby mitigating the expensive footing improvement?<<

Well, this was a second story addition to a house and the budget was very
tight. In a perfect world I would have asked for a soils report, but Owners
and Builders really HATE spending that money. So we are usually left with
the Code requirements.

Kate O'Brien