Re: Underpinning

>What do others do when they have an Owner who:
>
>1. doesn't want to sepnd the $$ for strengthening an existing structure.
>2. doesn't want to sepnd the $$ for a professional opinion stating that you
>don't need to strengthen.
>3. wants to get it built RIGHT NOW??
>
>Kate O'Brien

Kate:

I fire the owner.  That is, I don't take the job.  These kind of people are
legal grief and as I quote from earlier discussions on this list, they
might be classified as bottom feeders.

We've done many foundation repairs/strengthening and never not worked as a
team with a good geotechnical engineer.

Neil Moore, S.E.