Re: CONC. FLAG POLE FOOTINGS

<<
 I am interested to know what has been your practice in designing flag pole
 footings imbedded in soil as a lateral force resisting elements?

 Do you use min 3000 psi or less? What is the justification for using
 a lower compressive strength?

I do use flagpole footings in residental design,  mainly along the the garage
door opening(s) where there is not enough shear wall length available. It
also comes in handy at room additions, expansions with plenty of
windows/doors and almost no usable walls.
I have no objection to the 3000 psi requirement of these footings, it may be
the "life-safer" in an EQ

Antonio S. "Tony" Luisoni
Consultintg SE