Bld'g. & Safety -Reply

>>> "Mark D. Baker" <shake4bake(--nospam--at)earthlink.net> 12/01/97 06:05pm >>>
I simply have to vent and this seems as good a place as any.

This morning I call the Van Nuys City of L.A office to inquire on the
plan check status of a project. The individual I speak with tells me the
plans are ready to be picked up. When asked how long they have been
ready he tells me since the 22nd of Nov. No, he doesn't know why I
wasn't called.

I send someone from my office to pick up the plans, about a 120 mile
round trip. Guess what, the plan checker comes to the counter and
says,
"oh, I took those plans home this weekend to check and forgot to bring
them back".

Now, the plan checker made no apologies, didn't seem to care a bit about
wasting my employees time.

One more example of plan check employees "non accountability attitude"
toward the people that pay their salary.

Mark D. Baker
Baker Engineering

Mark

I am sorry to hear that one of our employees did not give you the service
you rightfully deserved. On behalf of Building & Safety, let me offer my
apology. I have forwarded your comments to the office's Senior
Structural Engineer to investigate.  We do not condone this type of
service failure. The clerk probably read the electronic book and didn't
look in the plan storage bins. Next time , please explain that you are
coming from some distance and ask them to LOOK in the bins. This
should prevent it from happening again.