RE: Outlook Express

>Is anyone using Outlook Express for email?  I have had problems recieving
>attachments such as autoCAD files... Eudora Lite works just fine. So far I
>have no problems with IE4, but I do not use it for mail,  just to browse.
>I also downloaded Office 97  SR-1 (service release) a while back.
>Regards,
>
>Jeff Smith. S.E.
>phone: (415) 543-8651
>fax: (415) 543-8679
>email: smthengr(--nospam--at)sirius.com

The one problem I have with Outlook Express is that it will only use the
default dialup connection, rather than whatever connection might be
active.  In my case (at home), I have a reliable 28.8k dialup and a
temperamental 56k dialup.  Therefore, the 28.8k dialup is set as the
default.  Let's say that I am browsing in IE4 at 28.8k and some email
arrives, or I click on an email link.  Outlook Express disconnects my
active connection, and reconnects at the slower speed.  Bummer!

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Netscape Communicator User