Re: SStud: Need opinions about residential construction and steelstud shearwall

Just some of my thoughts...
Has anyone tried using thinner gauge double studs, double tracks at top
and/or bottom of the wall; and two or more rows of full depth horizontal
bridging and/ or diagonal x- bridging between the metal studs to see if
it would help control the buckling of the studs?
Manufacture a hybrid screw with a hardened self-drilling tip but with a
softer maleable shaft that would bend instead of snap off?
Use or make a softer alloy metal stud and a comparable softer metal
screw?
This is my first post, so I hope this will go to the list..