RE: Re[2]: Housing Performance Objectives

Rick, we try to take the battle outside the list and hope that our SEA committee chairs (as well as participating members) are participating in this list or reviewing our posts on the seaoc web site so that they can get a general perception of our opinions. Many of us are geographically impaired and are unable to physically attend commttee meeting or ICBO conventions. This was one impetus for starting a listservice that could open the floor of the local committees to the views of those unable to attend.
Personally speaking, I have been a committee participant on many occassions over the years. Like most, I spent almost six years as a member of SEAOSC without participation. I started becoming active in 1986 or 87 and the rest is pretty much verbose history.
I would like to consider the list as a voice of majority of technically linked engineers that would like to be active but for some reason or another are unable to participate and still have a right to be heard.
I do know how tedius and boring the determination of code writing can be. I have done it a few times and, admittedly, lost patience and interest. I never could sit still debating the use of the words "shall" or "will" and the implications of each. In respect of those that have done this, I am not trying to denegate their efforts, but will continue to attack the basic premise which the code defines - far before the technical language is written.
The Conventional framing section is outdated and does not reflect the financial needs of today's society - IMHO (and those of others).

Dennis