Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
bent aluminum pipe[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: bent aluminum pipe
- From: "Brandon Erickson" <erickson(--nospam--at)smtp.degenkolbsf.com>
- Date: Fri, 05 Dec 97 16:46:30 PST
Is anyone familiar with the changes (if any) in the material properties of aluminum pipe when cold bent? For example, a 5" diameter schedule 80 6061-T6 aluminum pipe bent into a prescribed radius: can I expect it to have the same yield strength after it's been cold bent, or does the bending process change the material properties? I believe aluminum will undergo significant material property changes when bent with heat, but I'm not sure about cold bending.
- Prev by Subject: Bar Joists -Reply
- Next by Subject: Bhima
- Previous by thread: RE: SStud: Need opinions about residential construction andsteelstud shearwalls -Reply -Reply -Repl
- Next by thread: Re: Joke (+/-)