Re: SStud: Need opinions about residential construction and steelstud shearwal

Not wanting to sound redundant, but if 14 or 12 gauge material is used for the
wall framing, is stud buckling still the failure mode? My understanding was
that for 14 gauge wall studs, combined with double or triple stud, welded
jambs, the plywood and/or the sheet metal screws fail. (for 1/2" plywood). Is
this not correct? If it is correct, just use 14 gauge framing for the
shearwalls and be done with it. Obviously, the contractor's hate 14 gauge
material because they have to predrill the holes, but last time I checked,
contractor's don't make engineering decisions. Right?
                                                     Monte Griffiths, RCE