Re: RE: Housing Performance Objectives

From: FredT5 <FredT5(--nospam--at)aol.com>
To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
Date: Monday, December 08, 1997 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: RE: Housing Performance Objectives

In a message dated 12/6/97 4:00:50 AM, Dennis Wish wrote:

>This thread has become as complicated as the code itself...
>1. Change the philosophy of minimum standards to include ecconomic
considerations in addition to life safety.

After reading Frank Lew?s persuasive arguments, this above statement above
may
be rushing a bit to a preconceived conclusion. We don?t really know what the
public wants because we haven?t asked them in any systematic or formal way.
Who knows, we may find that the public prefers the status quo. By the way,
how
would you all suggest that the public reconsider this philosophy in a
systematic way?

Fred

Response from Dennis Wish PE:
Better yet, how do you poll the public as to their knowledge of performanced
based designs.

Dennis