Re: atc-40

Dave Evans asked the following questions.

What types of concrete buildings does it cover?

Answer: ATC 40 covers (1.)  Concrete frame buildings, generally constructed
from the 1940's to the mid-1970s and (2) Concrete frame buildings with
concrete walls, generally constructed from the early 1900s to the mid-1970s.

Which type receives the most emphasis?

On balance, I would say concrete frame buildings with concrete walls.  The
Volume 2 - Appendices has four case studies of actual buildings, three are
buildings with concrete shear walls, one is a building is a concrete moment
frame building.

Again, I strongly recommend  that you purchase these two volumes that make up
ATC - 40, "Seismic Evaluation and Retrofit of Concrete Buildings."

Spend the money!  $65.00 is a good price for these reports.  E-mail:
atc(--nospam--at)atcouncil.org.

Frank McClure   FEMCCLURE(--nospam--at)aol.com