Re: MISC - Mill Certification/Higher Yield Stress

At 12:07 AM 12/10/97 EST, you wrote:
>Has anyone been involved with a structural steel design in which the
>corresponding mill certification indicated a yield stress greater than that
>assumed within your design? For example, you specified ASTM A572 Grade 50 and
>the mill certification indicates a 59 ksi yield stress. Does the 9th edition
>ASD or the 2nd edition LRFD specifications prohibit the use of the higher
>yield stress? Other issues such as serviceability would have to be considered
>but I occassionally encounter a situation(such as a field change, User
>revision, etc.) where use of the certified higher yield stress would prevent
>replacement/reinforcement of a member.
>

>Charlie Canitz, PE
>Bel Air, MD

Please send your email to our list server at the following address:

seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org

There are over thousand engineers subscribed to this list. I am sure they
will be able to help you. If you are not subscribed to SEAOC list, you can
NOT post messages to the list.

To subscribe to the list, send an email to
admin(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
and in the body of the message type "join seaoc" (no quotes). You can leave
the subject of your message blank.

Hope that helps. Also remember to visit our web site at:
http://www.seaoc.org

Shafat Qazi, P.E.
Chair SEAOC CAC