Re: Subject: Use of your work by another engineer

Stewart, Warren wrote:

> Doesn't matter, Client owns it !!!

It is my understanding that the Engineer owns all drawings and
calculations associated with all work performed.  The Engineer gives
license to utilize plans and specifications for a particular project but
the copyright still belongs to the one who prepares the plans.
I would be very cautious about giving calculations on a preliminary
design.  As these are not final, it is possible that they may be used
out of context for which they were intended.  If calculations are
required by the library at this stage, I recommend getting something in
writing which states you are not responsible for how this information
used.

Sincerely,

Jill T. Shuttleworth, P.E., S.E.
Sunnyside, WA