Re: STAADIII vs SAP2000

I don't want to upset anyone at RISA, as I think they basically have a
good product.  However, it is not in the same league as SAP 2000.  RISA
is very good for steel structures, and that is where we use it the
most.   Input very easy, and graphical in nature.

It lacks some features of more costly and more powerful 3D Finite
Element programs.  We are not yet comfortable using their plate
elements.

My basic opinion of Risa 3D is:

Highly recommended for steel structure analysis and design,
Jury is still out on Dynamic analysis and models requiring plate
elements.

I am sure (as always) that people will disagree with me, and I would
encourage others with differing opinions to post a reply.

Lynn