Re: STAADIII vs SAP2000

Structures Monday seminar last month.  I have not used STAAD products but
SAP2000 is Graphical input, nodes and elements.

Like using ACAD to define the geometry and the geometry and material
definitions are also very easy.  This also is a product from the person who
brought Finite Element Analysis software to the masses, Ed Wilson at UC
Berkeley.

Sap2000 does code checking, grahical results, etc.

Like I said, I have not used STAAD or attended any of their presentations,
but for my money you have to go with the name and history.  So check out
their web sites and e-mail questions to help in evaluation.

	Bill Warren, SE
	Newport Beach, CA