Re: Computer Utility recommendation

We use an external Syjet Syquest drive (about 1.5 gb storage), which is a Jaz
drive equivalent.  We don't use tapes because I find the tape backups
painfully slow, though inarguably effective.  I also like the fact that the
Syjet, like the Jaz drive, but unlike a tape, is random access so you can
selectively backup "better".  I also like the fact, that unlike the D drive
alternate suggested in some posts, it is removable.  I am worried not only
about crashes, but about theft and fire.  The D drive will be of little use in
that case.  The drafter in our office who backs up the system, actually takes
the backup disk home just because of this.  We figure if his house and the
office burn on the same night, it's time to find a new profession.

Bruce Resnick, SE
Parker Resnick Str. Eng.