Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Computer Utility recommendation[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Computer Utility recommendation
- From: Parkerres <Parkerres(--nospam--at)AOL.COM>
- Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 10:23:17 EST
We use an external Syjet Syquest drive (about 1.5 gb storage), which is a Jaz drive equivalent. We don't use tapes because I find the tape backups painfully slow, though inarguably effective. I also like the fact that the Syjet, like the Jaz drive, but unlike a tape, is random access so you can selectively backup "better". I also like the fact, that unlike the D drive alternate suggested in some posts, it is removable. I am worried not only about crashes, but about theft and fire. The D drive will be of little use in that case. The drafter in our office who backs up the system, actually takes the backup disk home just because of this. We figure if his house and the office burn on the same night, it's time to find a new profession. Bruce Resnick, SE Parker Resnick Str. Eng.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Computer Utility recommendation
- Next by Subject: Re: Computer Utility recommendation
- Previous by thread: Re: Computer Utility recommendation
- Next by thread: Re: Computer Utility recommendation