From: Mark Middlebrook <MarkMid(--nospam--at)pacbell.net>
To: 'SEAOC List' <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
Date: Monday, December 15, 1997 8:48 AM
Subject: Re: MS Word to R14

Bill:

I know you weren't being critical. Sorry if I sounded defensive.

I don't know of any "magical" approach to bringing word processor text into
an AutoCAD  drawing while retaining all formatting. As your read in the
article, OLE has lots of problems (including no direct control of text
height, can't link or embed a document longer than one page, and plotted
results often are screwy), so I don't use it with AutoCAD.

A guy at Autodesk whom I spoke to said that they'd like to make OLE work
better, but that the hooks they need aren't there in OLE. For example, the
one page limitation comes from OLE, not AutoCAD (or so he claims).

- Mark Middlebrook  MarkMid(--nospam--at)pacbell.net  MarkMiddlebrook(--nospam--at)compuserve.com