Re: Stamping Plans - A new question -Reply -Reply

The following comments are directed to the Wish/Kim thread:

	I regularly provide foundation design services for "pre-engineered"
metal buildings (15-25 per year).  I have never placed nor will I ever
place "my engineer's seal" on the metal building plans.  I have no
control over the design of the metal building and have no liability with
regards to its structural integrity.
	As far as the house/foundation issue, if the house was designed by a
registered engineer in the state of the project, I believe the building
official has overstepped his boundaries.

Brian K. Smith, P.E.
Bossier City, Louisiana