Re: MS Word to R14

Dennis:

>> Although this may not bring in a table or highly formatted text, I did find
that simply cutting and pasting works well in R14. To accomplish this, choose
the text you want to insert and copy or cut it from any program. Next, open
a multiline text window and simply insert the text. It pastes in very well
and maintains the true type font that you worked with in your word
processor. It also maintains the width of the text. <<

You're right that pasting word processing text into the MTEXT editor is a useful technique, in my admittedly limited testing, I found that the spacing of letters was not exactly the same in Word and in AutoCAD R14 (using the same TrueType font). They're close but not identical. In some cases the small differences will matter, and in others not.

Also, be aware that putting a lot of TrueType text in drawings will really kill object snap, object selection, and display performance. TrueType text performance is much better in R14 than in R13, but it's still nowhere close to AutoCAD native text (SHX) performance.

- Mark Middlebrook  MarkMid(--nospam--at)pacbell.net  MarkMiddlebrook(--nospam--at)compuserve.com