URM - Ledger Connection

I need to connect a ledger (4x6) to a URM wall to hang a mezzanine (top hung TJL's). I realize that a ledger hung connection on a URM wall is not a good idea, but one that the client is adament about being able to see the brick wall. I plan to use secondary supports at inconspicuous locations, however I am stumped as to the maximum load per connection in the wall as assigned by code. In reinforced masonry my calcs require a 1" diameter bolt in a 4x6 DF ledger at 12" o/c. The loads are high since the TJL's support a mezzanine area used for light storage. This equates to approximately 1350 plf of liveload and only 130 plf dead load. To distribute the lateral loads to the URM wall, a lateral reaction of about 80 plf along the ledger had been calculated. I plan to tie the TJL's to the URM wall for tension normal to the wall with a LTT strap and a tension connection (22 1/2 degree Hilti-Hit anchor) at 48" o/c to control cross-grain failure in the ledger.
The maximum allowable load for shear on a URM connection is 1000 plf for a proprietary 8" embedment. since the reaction is perpendicular to the brick bedding joint, is there an acceptable higher shear value? I can understand that laterally applied load will cause a shear failure in the bed joints, but in this case my gravity load is normal to the bed joints and the head joints are staggered.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Dennis Wish PE