STAADIII vs.SAP 2000

It is always interesting to read the experiences of other engineers about the
softwares that are used.

To answer the question that was previously asked, my own working with STAAD
has been somewhat negative.  I must say that their technical support has not
been very useful to me.  I have had some experience with SAP90 and have found
it to be very powerful, but also somewhat difficult to use in the modeling.

As others have mentioned Risa, I too will say that I have had very good
experiences using it.   Their staff has been  helpful when I had questions and
it is also very easy to use.

-Sib