Re: CE or SE - No Arguments, just need some advice!

Thanks to all for your comments. After consideration I decided to pass on
the work. I called the only other SE that is active in the valley (Palm
Springs area) and he agreed with the majority of you. He was unable to help
the client because he was the plan check agency for the city that the
hospital was located. This was a conflict of interest which prevented him
for accepting the work. He recommended another engineer, but this SE is
approximately one hundred miles away and would most likely send one of his
staff (a CE) to evaluate the project.
I informed the client of my decision. He informed me that the building,
although on the same property as the hospital, was not an OSHPD structure
but was part of the medical center. The client is an OSHPD inspector and
felt that this was not a problem for a CE. I told him that I would check
back with the group and notify him tomorrow of the general concensus.

So! The issue is a building that is not considered part of the hospital,
resides on the same plot of land, but is considered a general medical
office.  Any suggestions??????

Dennis