RE: Stamping Plans - A new question

Bill & Dennis:

Sorry about my slow response, but I have been tied up for the past two
weeks in depositions (in the odd position of defending the United States
of America, armed only with my brain and my tongue).  Also, I tried to
hold out until the Cowboys won a football game ... an obviously stupid
position!

Since the house was manufactured in Texas, it clearly has no flaws ;^>!

Seriously, this type of problem has been around for many years ... ever
since the first "pre-engineered" metal building was shipped across state
lines.  It would seem to me that the first responsibility lies with the
manufacturer.  Didn't they represent to the buyer that their product was
fit for use?  Perhaps an attorney could help them to remember their
obligation as EOR.  If not, I don't see any problem (except $) in having
a third party California engineer completely re-calculate the entire
structure and foundation, and then modify the existing construction
documents and seal them.  Just don't try this in Texas, where the
documents would need to be redrawn (more $).

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Ya'll!

Stan R. Caldwell. P.E.
Dallas, Texas
Barry & Ernie ... history in less than 48 hours