Plan Checkers Responsibilites

>> It is clear to me that a plan
checkers approach to plan checking is as varied as their personalities. <<

Yes, I have noticed that if varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

IMHO,  the plan checker is NOT doing his job if he does a cursory  "over
the counter" for anything but the most basic stuff (i.e a simple one story
addition). I think the taxpayers deserve more care than that. When I was
doing plan checking, I always tried to be thorough - I learned a lot in the
process, too.

Kate O'Brien, P.E.