wood framing question

>>Does any body have any misgivings about triple top plates (2x6) as
opposed
to dbl top plates for a bearing wall ? I am thinking of the perpindicular
to plane force transfer. The framer screwed up on the length of the studs
and he wants to make up the diff. by adding another plate.<<

Well, tough noogies. Make him fix it.

Seriously, though, I think it would depend on how you plan to connect them
together. With a  double plate, you can connect the two pieces using
standard length nails, but with a triple plate you would run into
embendment length problems with a standard nail. Possibly lag screw would
work. Or through bolts.

Kate O'Brien, P.E.