THE GOLD BOX

We often learn the most from our children Some time ago a friend of mine
punished his 3-year-old daughter for wasting a roll of gold wrapping paper.
Money was tight, and he became infuriated when the
child tried to decorate a box to put under the tree. Nevertheless, the next
morning the little girl
brought the gift to her father and said, "this is for you daddy". He was
embarrassed by his earlier over reaction, but his anger flared again when he
found that the box was empty. He yelled at her, "Don't you know that when
you give someone a present, there's supposed to be something inside of it?"
The little girl looked up at him with tears in her eyes and said,"oh daddy,
it's not empty. I blew kisses into the box. All for you, Daddy". The father
was crushed. He put his arms around his little girl, and he begged
her forgiveness. My friend told me that he kept that gold box by his bed for
years. Whenever he was discouraged, he would take out an imaginary kiss and
remember the love of the child who had put it
there. In a very real sense, each of us as parents has been given a gold
container filled with unconditional love and kisses from our children. There
is no more precious possession anyone could hold.

-Author unknown