Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Wood Rot

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

     R.J. Watson handles a fiberglass wrapping system for wood.  It's
     called "Tyfo S Fibrwrap", manufactured by Hexcel Fyfe.  It increases
     both durability and strength.  For information, contact Marc Stafford
     at 716-741-2166.

     John Hubert

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: Wood Rot
Author:  Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at) at Internet
Date:    12/22/97 7:47

     There was tread awhile back on repairing dry rot and fungus in wood
     structures.  Dennis Wish mentioned Dove Industries and White Cap
     Supply I believe(??).  Our condominium complex is looking at fixing up
     about 100 exterior wood balconies and we could use these type
     products.  I drew a blank trying to call the above vendors and the
     hardware stores were not much help.

     Did anyone find the products that Dennis mentioned?  These were one
     for killing dry rot/fungus and a second for penetrating the wood to
     restore its strength (like a viscous epoxy??).

     Thanks for your help,

     Thomas Hunt