Suggestion on LRFD book

I have been avoiding the LRFD for the last 10 years.  Most designs
I have
seen are still in ASD.  Is LRFD mature and important enough that I
should
relly pick it up?  Assuming that I looking forward about 10 more years
in the
main stream of structural engineering profession.

      I saw these two books in the bookstore. They are both thick and
hard to
read.  If you recommand LRFD, which one should I buy?

Structural Steel Designer's Handbook 2nd ed.
      Rober L. BrockenBrough & Frederic S. Merritt
      McGraw Hill

Steel Structures, Design and Behavior 4th. ed.   LRFD
      Charles G. Salmon & John E. Johnson
      U of Wisconsion
      Harper Collins Pub.

      Any other book that is better for me?