Re: Traditional Timber Frame House

> > My question is with regard to the lateral system of such a building.  The
> > building faces open ocean and will get some pretty heavy wind storms.  Does any

You could add the lateral resisting system by using pre-manufactured insulated
panels.  You use strapping along the edges to account for shear and have the
manufacturer add sufficient studs in the ends of the panels handle the overturning
forces.  I did one house like this earlier in the year.  It was enough for me.