Re: CMAA contact

>Can anyone enlighten me on how to contact the CMAA (Crane Manufacturer's
>Association of America) or HMI (Hoist Manufacturer's Institute)?
>
>Whose standards (CMAA, HMI, AISC, etc.) are most appropriate for the
>design and specification of an overhead crane support system for use in
>a heavy industrial setting?

If you are talking about only the supporting structure and not portion of
the crane, AISC is probably the best source.  The other standards may be
useful in estimating loads.  Crane manufacturers will usually supply loads
based on criteria such as crane loading, span, use classification, crane
speeds, etc.  They can also help you get copies of the CMAA and HMI
standards. ANSI/ASME also have applicable standards which are often
specified for cranes.  Examples are ANSI/ASME B30.2, Overhead and Gantry
Cranes (Top Running Bridge, Single or Multiple Girder, Top Running Trolley
Hoist); B30.11, Monorails and Underhung Cranes and B30.17, Overhead and
Gantry Cranes (Top Running Bridge, Single Girder, Underhung Hoist)

Scott A. Jensen P.E.                          email:  saj5(--nospam--at)inel.gov
Lockheed Martin Idaho Technologies           208-526-0544
P.O. Box 1625                                  fax:	208-526-2681
Idaho Falls, ID 83415-3650