Re: Suggestion on LRFD book

Here in the Architectural Engineering Department in Cal Poly, SLO California,
they still teach us ASD becuase most of the designs are still in ASD and our
department believes that it will be in ASD for a while, but if there is a
recomendation of steel authors I feel that the Johnson book is very highly
recomended by a lot of my instructors, therefore I would go towards

Steel Structures, Design and Behavior 4th. ed.   LRFD
      Charles G. Salmon & John E. Johnson
      U of Wisconsion
      Harper Collins Pub.

Good luck and have a great holiday.