Re: Suggestion on LRFD book

I used the Salmon and Johnson book in school, and find it a good reference
although somewhat weighty.  You might want to try the book by Jack McCormac who
has done separate books using ASD and LRFD.  I had to learn ASD and found his
book (3rd edition) useful.  Hopefully, his LRFD book can do the same for you.

If there is an university or technical bookstore near you, stop by and peruse the
stacks.  You might something that seems readable and practical.