Re: Tallest Zone 4 RC Building

At 04:39 PM 12/21/97 +1000, you wrote:
>Does anyone out there know what the tallest reinforced concrete  structure
>in a zone 4 rated area is?  By R/C I mean just that, no structural steel
>members involved.

I believe the answer to the pop quiz may be the Parque Central Torres de
Oficinas in Caracas, Venezuela, at 62 stories and 853 feet.  Of the twenty
tallest buildings in high seismic regions of the world(which are all
generally 700 ft or taller), I think it is the only one that is all concrete.

Gary Chock
Martin, Bravo & Chock, Inc.

Martin, Bravo, & Chock, Inc.
1132 Bishop Street, Suite 1550
Honolulu, HI   96813
808-521-4513 (voice)
808-531-4508 (fax)
engineers(--nospam--at)martinbravochock.com