File Backups

     Earlier there was a tread on backing up files.  Just a note that PC
     Magazine (Jan 6, 98 issue) did a small comparison on tape backups and
     gave their Editors Choice to the HP Colorado 5GB (+/- $200).  Their
     biggest gripe was that it is actually 2.5 GB and the 5GB advertising
     assumes a 2:1 compression ratio.

     I have used a 250 meg tape backup (remember when this was big!?!) for
     the last 8 years and have had two hardrive crashes.  Once the new
     hardisk was replaced I had all the files restored and was back up to
     speed within an hour.

     Thomas Hunt
     Fluor Daniel