Re: timber framers guild

I was a member a few years ago but let my membership expire due to being a
"member" in too many organizations.  My experience was positive with the
Guild,
and, as one of the few engineer members was asked to present a discussion
on E.Q. engineering as related to timber frames at thier annual conference.
When I
was a member, membership was dominated by Eastern as well as Northern
(Montana, Idaho, etc) timber frame contractors with maybe 3 or 4 engineering
firms. If you have an interest in timber frames or are new to  timber frame
engineering, I feel there is quite a benefit to membership. The newsletter
magazines often times offer engineering tips as well as current research on
timber frame joinery and sometimes commentary by Ben Brungraber, the
timber frame engineering guru.