Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Structural Steel Material Specification[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Structural Steel Material Specification
- From: "Lanny Flynn" <Flynn_Group(--nospam--at)classic.msn.com>
- Date: Sun, 4 Jan 98 21:34:15 UT
Just a quick note regarding the current standard for specifcation of structural steel. The following is what AISC recommends engineers to specify on the drawings: (mainly because mills don't produce A36 wide flange shapes any longer) A572 GR50 (per technical bulletin #3) for wide flange shapes A36 for plates, channels, and angles. note that A572 can be specified for plate if needed by design. Technical bulletin #3 essentially limits the yield to tensile ratio. Hope this info helps Lanny J. Flynn S.E.
- Prev by Subject: Structural observation is expanding in the '97 code
- Next by Subject: Structure Magazine
- Previous by thread: RE: Re: MISC - Mill Certification/Higher Yield Stress
- Next by thread: Fw: Super Typhoon Paka - Spun Concrete Poles